Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Heartbroken!

I just finished posting on the Barenaked Ladies Message Board.

This is what I said:

A little heartbroken this morning; the local [read: loudmouthed] rock station was goofing on the whole thing. My heart has never sunk so fast. I'm not sure what it is. I don't know if it's the drugs or the nefarious sounding surroundings of it. I have been a fan since day one. Was so proud to be able to show off Band Number One to my kids with Snacktime. Have NEVER thought of it as a sell-out. I still love ya, Steve. Not sure who I feel worse for - you and your family, or the band. Timing stinks as it always does in a situation like this.

Hang in there. There can be bumps in the road - just don't go and Belushi yourself.
Here till the end - k

What a sad sad day. Not only did I not want to hear this news, but I don't want to have to explain it to Sarah. I'm not pulling pious - I feel for the guy, in a big way. I know how things happen and not being any saint myself I am not prone to say what others on the Boards are saying which is "shame on you, Steve."

But on the other hand, they JUST put the new CD out there, and kids everywhere are falling in love with their music; Sarah doesn't just want to hear Snacktime, she wants Gordon and Maroon and anything I can throw at her (which is a lot because I am a huge fan). What are parents thinking this morning? What are they going to do? Will they prevent their kids from listening?

I hope not. It's hopefully just a "blip" (as Sarah likes to call 'em).

I am heartbroken today. I've never felt like this. I feel bad for all the guys, Steve, Ed, Kevin, Jim and Ty. For Steve's family. For myself. For Diane. For Sarah and Maggie and James and Ian.

I feel bad. I'm havin' a bad day. Nothing you can do or say. Havin' a bad day. Think I'll stay in my room.......

love ya Steve.....
k

2 comments:

Gimped said...

The link to the BNL message board isn't working.

Try: http://barenakedladiesmessageboard.yuku.com

GasbarNut said...

I feex eeet. It just goes to their website, and then people can navigate to their message board. Thanks!